[Getdp] Non-linear magnetodynamics with a superconducting tape

Frederic Trillaud Pighi ftrillaudp at pumas.iingen.unam.mx
Wed Oct 28 15:11:59 CET 2015

Dear Guillaume and Peter,

The model is 3D because I add a recurring error in the 2D case that I
could not fix to answer quick Guillaume's problem. As Christophe
mentioned, it is not necessary to force the boundary condition in this
case. It should not make much difference as far as I understood (to be
checked). If you impose a Dirichlet condition to zero, I would say ou
need the shell transformation since in reality the magnetic field should
be of the form I/(2*pi*R) at the boundary.
The code I sent turns but there is a problem of convergence to be
solved. I tried the built-in solver and ended up copying Christophe's
model.

For Guillaume:
>why is it not necessary to have a cut through the surrounding air
region?
If you check the model that I sent you, you will see that the air is cut
using the cohomoloy solver (there are two regions: air and
superconductor, no more). In the visibility option you will see
something like "Line" with a name starting with H..., it will show you
the cut (see attached *.png).

Best,

Frederic