[Getdp] Machines Tutorial 3 kW Motor Modification issue

Mikail Ansari ansarimikail at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 11:36:29 CET 2015

Good day

I have attached the files that replicate the error on a slightly modified tutorial file.Kind RegardsMikail

    On Sunday, November 22, 2015 11:18 AM, Ruth Vazquez Sabariego <ruth.sabariego at esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:

 The characteristic lengths of the limiting lines for the moving band on the stator and rotor side should be fine enough.For the time being there is no check at the beginning of the computation, that is in our TODO list.If you send us your files, we can have a look and see if the problem can be easily solve.
Best regards,Ruth

—
Prof. Ruth V. Sabariego
KU Leuven
Dept. Electrical Engineering ESAT/Electa
http://www.esat.kuleuven.be/electa

On 22 Nov 2015, at 04:06, Mikail Ansari <ansarimikail at yahoo.com> wrote:

| Good dayI am having an issue with modifying the 3 kW Induction Motor Rotor in the Machines example.Making most parameter modifications seems fine, such as shaft, inner and outer rotor radii.

I seem to be getting a moving band error, number of elements not matching.
The issue appears to be in Time domain mode when I modify the rotor bar parameters.The h2, Rsl, and the coordinates Points dp+6, and Points dp+8 on the moving band, adjusting the characteristic lengths on both the Stator and Rotor.
It appears to run initially but it seems to have an error, a quarter way through the simulation.
I am not sure if there are, specific techniques to specifying the moving band characteristic lengths so that the meshing always matches?  An air-gap dependent factor?
Kind RegardsMikail