[Getdp] problem with machine_magstadyn_a.pro

Joseph Frippiat joseph_frippiat at voo.be
Sat Feb 13 12:38:31 CET 2016

I'm modeling a rotating eddy current brake whith Onelab and the library
machine_magstadyn_a.pro .

My problem is that the torque does not drop when the rotor speed
decreases to 0 rpm...

In the model, the smooth solid steel rotor is outside and the stator is
inside.

I give an initial speed to the rotor and I apply a dc voltage to the
windings of the stator.

In the original formulation, Torque_mag tends always to accelerate the
rotor.  That's why I've modified lightly the mechanical formulation like
this (the machine is a generator) :

     Equation {
       GlobalTerm { DtDof [ Inertia * Dof{V} , {V} ] ; In DomainKin ; }
       GlobalTerm { [ Friction[] * Dof{V} , {V} ] ; In DomainKin ; }
       GlobalTerm { [        Torque_mec[] , {V} ] ; In DomainKin ; }

       If(Flag_MachineType) // Motor
         GlobalTerm { [      -Torque_mag[] , {V} ] ; In DomainKin ; }
       Else // Generator
         GlobalTerm { [       Torque_mag[] , {V} ] ; In DomainKin ; }
       EndIf

       GlobalTerm { DtDof [ Dof{P} , {P} ] ; In DomainKin ; }
       GlobalTerm {       [-Dof{V} , {P} ] ; In DomainKin ; }
     }

Joseph