[Getdp] Interpolated material properties in superconductor simulation

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Mon Jul 18 13:04:03 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I am writing here to seek possible help on how to implement variable material properties for simulation of a superconductor. To give some context, I am interested in the magnetodynamical simulation of superconducting devices in the time domain. As you can see in the enclosed files, I use an H-Phi formulation based originally based on the helix.pro example. In it, the superconductor properties were modelled by a power law E(J) = ( E0 / Jc ) * (|J| / Jc )N-1 * J. This is ok, but to better describe the material I want to use values of Jc and N that are not constant anymore and depend on the magnetic field H. I have available experimental data for Jc and N at different field level and for different orientations, my idea was thus to plug them into the power-law via the interpolation functions GetDP already has.

This is what I have done in the enclosed files, yet in a way that does not fully satisfies me. Namely, I use for each time step the Jc and N values computed based on H at the previous time iteration. Given what has been done by Christophe in the original helix.pro example, I would expect that one can implement a dEdH[{h}, {d h}] function to replace his dEdJ[{d h}] and take into account the value of H at the current time step, i.e. Dof{d h}. However, calculating this function looks horrific and I would really like to make sure this is the right way to go before I do anything. This is why I am here : is there any alternative that I would not have thought of ? Thank you in advance for your help,

Sincerely Yours,

Guillaume DILASSER
Doctorant SACM / LEAS
CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr<mailto:guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr>