[Getdp] 3D Magnetostatics with Scalar Potential and Current Source

Jasper funkybob at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:41:01 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a magnetostatic calculation with a scalar potential. I
would like have an inductor as the source of the field. The basis for the
formulation is slides 32-35 of the following presentation:

http://getdp.info/doc/slides_getdp.pdf

For the source field computation I adapted a Onelab example since the
formulation in the slides appears incomplete. This is probably where there
is some mistake as the resulting field does not make sense to me.

Can anybody help me figure out what's wrong? Should I use another approach
for including the source field? The vector potential version seems OK, but
I would like to have it with a scalar potential.

I've attached the files. Any help would be much appreciated!

Best regards,

Jasper