[Getdp] bug: magnetostatics simulation gives wrong results

蓝颖杰 ylan at phbs.pku.edu.cn
Mon Feb 13 12:05:18 CET 2017

Hi team,

I made a model with one magnet and an iron frame wrapped around it. I expect most of the B lines should go inside the iron frame, but the simulation result seems as if the iron frame does not exist. Please see attached from the geo model. Open the geo model in gmsh first, then merge (gmsh menu: File >> Merge) in magnetostatics.pro in the template folder came with gmsh. You should be able to set the model interactively. Set a constant magnetization for the magnet of 900000 in z direction. Select the right materials for air, set frame with constant mu_r = 9000, and the boundary condition on "Inf" can be either way (may leave at its default value). Then click Run.Attached is the 1magnet.geo file I used.

Regards,

Yingjie