[Getdp] eddy current problem in 3D - not giving proper results

Frederic Trillaud ftrillaudp at gmail.com
Tue May 9 18:56:37 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I am stuck with the following problem. I have a conductive cube (W_c)
under a background fluctuating magnetic field created by an external
coil (W_m), both surrounded by air (W_a). I have used the inductor model
of GetDP to create my own *.pro (cube.pro). The mesh was created in the
salome platform and converted using gmsh to *.msh format (see main.sh
file). I am using the gauged A-V formulation with a current j_a in the
background electromagnet (no symmetry, all 3D). The gauge is applied
using the Tree-Cotree condensation.

I cannot get a proper results on the magnetic field (see attached
image). The results do not make sense and I don't understand what I
missed. If someone can take a look at it to see if there is a simple answer.

I use the latest version of onelab.

Thanks in advance, best,

Frederic