[Getdp] Symmtry problem

gilles quemener quemener at lpccaen.in2p3.fr
Fri Sep 15 15:45:26 CEST 2017

Hi,

Currently I am trying to formulate and solve a magnetostatic problem using the scalar potential method.
This problem is sketched on the attached picture. I have some difficulties finding how to formulate the boundary
conditions when simulating only 1/8 of the problem.

For the Z = 0 plane it's fine w/ Neumann BC,i.e.t nothing in the formulation.
For the Y = 0 plane, I use Dirichlet BC with null scalar potential.
My problem is how to express the anti-symmetry : upward field / magnetization in permanent magnets on X>0
and downward direction in the X<0 half space.
I have tried to require null scalar potential on plane X=0, but the answer does not look correct.
Without any condition on this X=0 plane, I also get incorrect results.
Could it be only null scalar potential on the Z-axis ? Then I am a bit confused.

Thanks for any help,

Gilles