[Getdp] Eigenvalue problem: " no system is available for eigensolve"

Alexis Hotte Alexis-hottekilburn at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 2 18:48:31 CET 2017

Hi,

I am trying to create a .pro file to calculate the eigenvalue and electric field of a dielectric sphere, surround by a cubical air box (no pml). So we are solving for the field in two regions (vector helmholtz equation, Laplacian(E)+w^2*E=0.)

When I try to run the .pro file, I receive the warning: "DtDt not implemented, using DtDtDof instead" and the error message:
"No system available for EigenSolve: check 'DtDt' and 'GenerateSeparate'".

I suspect the problem lies in the DtDt in the formulations part, but since the eigenvalue appears in vector helmholtz equation, the time derivative appears instead. Otherwise I'd be putting a constant that must be solved in the equation.

It would be very appreciative if someone could verify my file and point me in the right direction.