[Getdp] Questions about frequency/eigenvalues and units.

Alexis Hotte Alexis-hottekilburn at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 17:22:42 CET 2017

Alexis Hotte a partagé des fichiers OneDrive avec vous. Pour les afficher, cliquez sur les liens ci-dessous.

<https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgQZ2yD0fFpbhmp_05u0kJ-4ely->
[https://r1.res.office365.com/owa/prem/images/dc-generic_20.png]<https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgQZ2yD0fFpbhmp_05u0kJ-4ely->

attachment.pro<https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgQZ2yD0fFpbhmp_05u0kJ-4ely->

<https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgQZ2yD0fFpbhmsZILA-DGDYeuUV>
[https://r1.res.office365.com/owa/prem/images/dc-generic_20.png]<https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgQZ2yD0fFpbhmsZILA-DGDYeuUV>

attachment.geo<https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgQZ2yD0fFpbhmsZILA-DGDYeuUV>

Hello,

I have here a .pro file that attempts the calculate the eigenvalue(s) of a dielectric sphere (and solve the vector helmholtz equation). In the resolution, I ask it to solve for 10 eigenvalues. Is there a way to display the field that corresponds to a certain eigenvalue (like the first or fifth, for example) in either PostProcessing or PostOperation? Speaking of eigenvalues, when I try to refer to it in PostProcessing (w from Eigensolve), I get the error message that it is an unknown constant. I'm trying to get the magnetic field from the electric field, which involves taking the curl and multiplying by frequency.

Also, when I ran the file without the above magnetic field, I get a very low real part and a quite high negative imaginary part. Are the units of the eigenvalue Hz by default, or am I missing something? What could account for the lower than expected real part?

Thank you,

Alexis