[Getdp] Non vanishing boundary term after integration by parts

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:42:32 CEST 2018

> On 1 Apr 2018, at 16:49, RAGHURAM T.R. <121704004 at smail.iitpkd.ac.in> wrote:
>
> Dear getDP users,
>
> Could you please tell me how to specify the boundary terms that are not vanishing after integration by parts in the .pro file?
>
> ie., in integral (u dv) = u v - integral ( v du)
> How to specify u v (without the integrals) in .pro file?

These terms are actually integrated, on the boundary. (Your notation above is for the particular case of a 1D segment, whose boundary are points.) You would thus treat such terms with a classical integral term in the formulation, but on the boundary. The Jacobian should be "Sur" for these terms, and the boundary should be included in the support of the basis functions.