[Getdp] GetDP solver issue "abnormal server termination"

Venkata Raghunath Rachabattuni ra at ieee.org
Thu Nov 21 15:47:14 CET 2019

Hi team,

I am working on creating an example file that includes multiple analyses
such as electromagnetic, thermal, stress/strain and vibrational modes. Once
making this fully functional, I intend to submit to getdp forum to see if
this can be included in the examples in the future releases. I have so far
been able to integrate the electromagnetic and thermal solvers based on the
examples provided in the tutorials and based on discussions.

I am facing an issue with the eigen solver which gives out an error "
abnormal server termination". I am unable to solve the error. Attached the
images of getdp(3.2.0) & gmsh(4.4.0) versions, and error screen. (I am
getting the same error even with full model- not just the symmetry model).

Request you all to try and identify the possible obvious and silly mistake
that I might have done. (Please open the motor2d_*.pro file in getdp to
open the model fully. Select "No action" for Emag analysis and select
"Solve for eigen modes" in modes of vibration. Then click Run. Default
selection is set to stator.)

Thank you so much for meaningful discussions and the wonderful support.

Best Regards
RaNa
https://motorrlib.gitlab.io/

[image: tool versions.png]