[Getdp] Calling a .py file as a solver - socket listening timeout issue

Breno Brito Miranda brenobritomiranda at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 17:20:59 CEST 2020

Recently, I used to call python files (with "import onelab" inside) as a solver in the Gmsh for running a GetDP code in a loop as an optimizer. For instance, opening the example pend.py, clicking on it in the solver tab and then the code was read. But now, the infamous message appears: "Abnormal server termination (Socket listening timeout on socket 127.0.0.1:0)" using Windows 10. Any port Gmsh tries does not works. Before, when I turned off the antivirus that problem was solved (I imagine it blocked the communication). I was wondering if is there a procedure to configure the python calls or the Onelab bundle is ready for this. I've tried on Ubuntu platform, same issue on standard socket.

I've downloaded the latest Onelab file and I use the native configuration of the Gmsh in options solver. I'd really appreciate any help as long as it is the only way I know to implement an optimizer.

Best regards,

Breno B. Miranda
Universidade Federal de Uberlândia - Brazil