libGlw.a...

Gnana Ramdev Kotamraju ramdev at draco.ae.utexas.edu
Sun Aug 2 20:14:27 CEST 1998

On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Christophe Geuzaine wrote:

hi Christophe Geuzaine ,

> All you have to do to build this library is go to the widgets-sgi
> directory and invoke make with the argument you used to build the other
> libraries. Normally, you automatically get libGLw.a in ../lib.
I did not get it automatically.
so i had to go to widgets-sgi and create it
i did this and then i asked gmsh to make.
it found the errors that I listed previously.

> Are you sure of the location of the libs (given by -L../../Mesa-2.6/lib)
> ? What is
> "-lMesm" ?
yes
I am sure and they are correct
this "-lMesm" is what is being wrapped by by "cut and paste" sequence that i
used to include the error messages in the mail..sorry about that confusion.

I want you to let  me know about the following..

1) which file should I use to untar/gunzip if i want my gmsh to run
on aix? and on Sgi? and on a DEC? Are there differentfiles or I just
use the same aix version u have in the ftp site???

2) what do i do if my system MESA libraries are build on a LINUX m/c?
can i still use your Gmsh to make a executable???if so what file
should i untar?

3)is this widgets-sgi directory specific to SGI m/cs? if so, is there a way
i can make an AIX version of libGLw.a ?

sorry for the trouble. shall be waiitng for your mail

thanks again

> --
> Christophe Geuzaine
>
> Tel: +32-(0)4-366.37.10     mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
> Fax: +32-(0)4-366.29.10     http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~geuzaine

--ramdev

WRW 214 Univ. of Texas at Austin 78712
(o) : (512) 471 7030; (h) : (512) 708 8712