[RE]Re:

Ãֽ±æ skc0386 at hanimail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:07:05 CEST 1998

Dear sir,
Thank you very much for your kind informations.
I'm now researching on the electrostatic fields and
magnetostatic fields of the vacuum interrupter. I'd like to
obtain some helpful solver for those fields with tetrahedron
meshes, if you have and may permit me to use those solvers.
Hoping your web site will be a most popular site in the
world.....
Your helpful informations will be highly appreciated.

Best regards
S.K.Choi

>From : Christophe Geuzaine <Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be>
>>Hello S.K.Choi,
>>
>>> I'm a student of graduate school in Korea majoring on
the
>>> high-voltage engineering in electrical department.
>>> I'm now interested on the analysis of electromagntic
>>> phenomena such as electric field, magnetic field, and
>>> elctromagnetic force of vacuum circuit breaker using
finite
>>> element method with tetrahedron elements,however I'm
very
>>> poor at dealing with software because I've been
researched
>>> mainly by experiments.
>>> Surveying on the web to obtain 3-d automesh program, I
>>> happily found theGMSH software for Windows and
downloaded
>>> successfully. After installingthis software, I have met
>>> several problems as follows.
>>>   i) I could not save on line help files such items as
>>>      Creating a Mesh & Visualiztion. So I don't analyse
>>>      what the data outputs saved in gref, msh,and unv
>>>      format mean.
>>
>>When you mesh something, you can save the elements
(points, lines,
>>triangles, tetrahedra, etc) into a file. The format of
this file is
>>either gref, unv (the universal mesh data format) or msh
(the internal
>>format of gmsh). Jean-Francois Remacle is currently
writing some
>>actualized manual pages (You'll have to be a little
patient...). For the
>>two first formats, you can search the web for some
documentation. The
>>gmsh format is very simple: it consists of a several
fields, the most
>>important being:
>>
>>- the nodes :
>>
>>$NOE
>>nb_nodes
>>num x y z
>>num x y z
>>num x y z
>>$
>>
>>- the elements :
>>
>>$ELM
>>nb_elements
>>num type physical_entity_num elementary_entity_num
nb_nodes node node
>>num type physical_entity_num elementary_entity_num
nb_nodes node node
>>num type physical_entity_num elementary_entity_num
nb_nodes node node

>>where
>>
>>type = 1 for lines
>>       2 for triangles
>>       3 for quadrangles
>>       4 for tetrahedra
>>

>>>   ii) Because of the reason relating with clause i), I
havd
>>>       tried to download GMSH for Unix system but I
failed to
>>>       download. I think the files seem to be broken or
>>>       damaged.
>>
>>Strange. Several people downloaded theses files without
any problem. A
>>new version (consisting of separate libraries to be linked
by the user)
>>will be available next month (or a little bit later)
>>
>>>   iii) During check the samlpe geo files I can hardly
>>>      understand the means of some commands such as
>>>       coherance, complex, transfinite, recombine,
physical,
>>>       , and other uncommented commands in on line help.
>>

>>cf. i). In brief:
>>
>>- coherence stands for geometry checking (it's
automatically added in
>>the geo file after an extrusion, etc, when multiple
geometrical entities
>>which have been generated could coincide)
>>- complex: always part of something else, as in 'complex
volume'
>>- transfinite: gmsh can deal with transfinite meshes of
lines, surfaces
>>or volumes.
>>- recombine: recombine triangles into quadrangles
>>- physical: the physical entities are those for which the
mesh is saved
>>in the file. If no physical entities are defined, your
output file will
>>only contain the generated points.
>>

>>> Please let me obtain on line documents and files as
follows,
>>> ifpossible.
>>>     i) some helpful text files for using GMSH in English
>>>     ii) GMSH software for AIX-4
>>>     iii) some helpful documents, papers, sample geo
files,
>>>        and so on for me to use GMSH
>>>     iv) some helpful materials including FEM source
program
>>>         related with electrical research, if possible.
>>> In addition I'd like to obtain your comments on the
>>> procedures from creation and analyse of the output for
>>> tetrahedron elements as follows.
>>>     i) creation of 3-d tetrahedron elements
>>>     II) what the output data formatted with gref, msh,
and

mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
>>Fax: +32-(0)4-366.29.10
<hr>