Your software

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri May 28 13:59:48 CEST 1999

"Makky S. Jaya" wrote:

> Dear Mr. Geuzaine,
>
> I am working now with 2-D/3-D fluif dynamic simulation. For some
> tests we will use your nice software GMSH. As I installed the
> software on our machine (HPUX 10.20), I have the following error
> report:

> cc -O -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE +DA_portable -o gmsh -L. -lDraw -lMesh -lAdapt
> -lGeo -lBase -lList -lMain -L/usr/opt/graphics/OpenGL/lib -lGLU -lGL
> -lGLw -L/usr/lib/Motif1.2_R6 -lXm -L/usr/lib/X11R6 -lXt -lX11 -lXext -lm
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: ./libDraw.a: Not a valid object file (invalid system
> id)
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> Could you please explain me why and how I can attack this problem?
> I am looking forward at your soon reply.

Well, that's strange (never experienced it before). The libraries were
compiled under HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/780.

I won't have access to HP workstations until mid-June, so you'll
probably have to wait for the new version of Gmsh, which will be
available quite soon (I hope some time next month).

Best regards,

--
Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: +32-(0)4-366.37.10    mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be