GMSH on SGI running IRIX 6.5

Makky S. Jaya jaya at iag.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Mar 20 14:47:18 CET 2000

Christophe Geuzaine wrote:

> OK, this is due to the overlay mechanism (which is still somewhat
> experimental). Try to run gmsh with '-noov' (no overlay visual). If this
> works, I'll suppress the overlay stuff from all web versions until it
> works better...

OK, it finally works. Just to summarize to all what I have done
with GMSH:

 a. gmsh-IRIX (32 bit version) works on 32 and 64 bit machine (Indy
    and Indigo 2 Impact),
 b. gmsh-IRIX64 (64 bit version) works only on 64 bit machine (Indigo
    2 Impact),
 c. both (gmsh-IRIX/64) must work with option '-noov',

Last, I still can not use the post-processing menu (p). After creating
the mesh, I would define the node reference (for example to define
the problem-dependent boundary values or inner nodes definition).
I suspect, this facility is accomodated in post-processing menu. Since
there is a report 'no view loaded' in the post-processing menu (m),
I can not go further with this menu. Did I forget something?

Best regards,
Makky
--
Office:
Institute for Aerodynamics and Gasdynamics [IAG]

Private:
Edelsheimstr. 5
D-76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)721 966-4996