[Gmsh] gmsh-bug in WIN98/NT?

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Mar 23 11:29:41 CET 2001

Andre Haufe wrote:

> Dear Christophe,
>
> I just downloaded your impressive gmsh-tool and
> I am really impressed! I would like to use it as
> Pre/PostProcessor for some structural finite
> element stuff I am developing currently.
> Unfortunately I found that the Gmsh-File format
> is not working in the Windows98/NT Version.
> Did I something wrong? It starts to reload the
> file over and over...

Yes, this is a small bug in the version currently available on the web
site. The workaround is to merge the mesh file (with File->Merge)
instead of "opening" it as a new project.

My best,

NB: I have forwarded your mail to the (brand new ;-) mailing list
(gmsh at geuz.org). You can subscribe to this list at