[Gmsh] GMSH - Erratic nodes

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Tue Jun 5 07:39:11 CEST 2001

> "Max Larson, P.Eng." wrote:
>
> Dear GMSH Users,
>
> I am using the WinNT version of GMSH to construct a (half) model of
> a coast guard patrol boat hull (.GEO file contents listed below).  The
> grid generation executes without error, however a few erratic outlier
> points are created in the otherwise smooth surface mesh (e.g., points
> 531, 537, 538 on my computer).
>
> Is this a rare geometry-specific bug, or is it usual to
> require hand-editting of a few wacky points.

The problem comes from the definition of lines with more than two points
(e.g. Line(2) = {2,3,4,5,6}): this is not yet supported by Gmsh, even if
there is no error message (and is not documented :-(). If you define all
the lines as having only a start and an end point, everything should
work correctly.

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: 32 (0) 4 366 37 10    http://geuz.org
Fax: 32 (0) 4 366 29 10    mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be