[Gmsh] Request for Information

Hamideh Parizi parizi at simulent.com
Thu Nov 15 15:27:16 CET 2001

We are a small consulting and software engineering company in
 Toronto, Canada working in the computational fluid dynamics
 area. We are looking for a mesh generator software to be used
 as a pre-processor for our code. I found about your Software GMSH in one of
the mesh generating web sites and I wonder if this software is
a suitable mesh generator for our code.

Our primary requirements for the mesh generator (structured, 3D, and
hexahedral) is follows:
  1. Be able to read output file (a 3D object) of CAD or similar
packages.
 2. Generate a 3D Cartesian mesh (with an option of uniform or
  non-uniform) within  the box, i.e., divide the box in three directions
  of  X, Y and Z into some intervals (equal or non-equal).
3. Define the object in the generated mesh using a function, say "A",
   that has a value between one and zero based on a cell position in the box.
If a cell is fully occupied by the object body, "A" will be zero; an empty
cell has a value of "A" equal to one, and  the function "A" assumes values
between zero and one for  partially occupied cells.
  4. The output of the mesh generator would give us positions of each
cell plus the value of "A" in that cell.

 I will appreciate if you could let me know if your software or any public software are
available to meet these requirements and how one can obtain it.

 Thank you very much in advance,

Hamideh Parizi, Ph.D.
Technical Manager
Simulent Inc.