[Gmsh]

Bondrea Catalin cbondrea at robotics.ucv.ro
Mon Mar 10 17:29:51 CET 2003

Hi,
Yes, you have right, because doesn't work with extrude point, so remains to
use transfinite command.
On the other hand even with transfinite command is quite a lot of code
program if you really want other mesh than default.
It was more easy with extrude and layers command.

Thanks.

At 16:08 Monday   10/03/03, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I think that Layers can only be used with Extrude Line to generate a
>surface and
>Extrude Surface to generate a volume.
>
>To specify the number of elements on a line, you should may be use
>Transfinite Line as shown
>in t6.geo tutorial file.
>
>Laurent
>

>Bondrea Catalin wrote:
>>Hello GMSH user list
>>
>>I have a little small problem: layers command
>>
>>I try to see the gmsh mailing list on one hand and also the on-line
>>tutorial to the other hand.
>>I really want to know how exactly works this command layers, if some one
>>want to tell me.
>>Actually how I can use it in a small program like this:
>>
>>//
>>P1x = 0.0 ;
>>P1y = 0.0 ;
>>delta = 0.00635 ;
>>//
>>
>>Point(1) = {P1x, P1y, 0, 1};
>>
>>//extrude the point one
>>
>>//Way one:
>>Extrude Point { 1,  {0, 3*delta, 0} };
>>//Now I want to define the layers after extrusion of one point
>>         //Layers {.......   --> hear I don't know how to use it
>>         // If I use in this way;
>>         Layers {0,4,0};
>>                 //--> i have this message error : parse error (Layers)
>>
>>//Way two:
>>// in the way which work when I extrude a line
>>Extrude Point { 1,  {0, 3*delta, 0} }
>>{Layers {0,4,0};};
>>
>>// but the gmsh give to me two errors:
>>         // parse error ({)
>>         // parse error (})
>>//Ok I will try to delete the {} and the syntax will be:
>>
>>//Way three
>>Extrude Point { 1,  {0, 3*delta, 0} }
>>Layers {0,4,0};
>>//End I will have the same error message -->: parse error (Layers)
>>
>>Please help me.
>>Regards,
>>Catalin

>--
>Laurent CHAMPANEY - UVSQ Dept de Mecanique
>Laboratoire d'Etudes Mécaniques des Assemblages (CNRS-FRE2481)
>RC 28 - Bat Descartes
>45, av des Etats Unis - 78035 VERSAILLES Cedex
>Tel 01 39 25 30 26 - Fax 01 39 25 30 15

PhD Student
UNIVERSITY OF CRAIOVA, Faculty Automation, Computer and Electronics,
Department of Robotics. Address: Lapus Street, Nr. 5, Craiova,Dolj country,
Romania
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD, Department of engineering Science
Address: Parks Road, OXFORD, OX1 3PJ, UK
Tel. +44 (7791) 860696
E-mail: cbondrea at robotics.ucv.ro