[Gmsh] gmsh syntax

steffe at tiscali.it steffe at tiscali.it
Tue Mar 11 12:35:25 CET 2003

Hi

I am considering to use gmsh for the developemnt of an electromagnetic simulator
and I need some help to fully understand the syntax and capability of this
software.
Does it exists a reference manual explaining the usage of all the gmsh instructions?
I have seen the tutorial but I think that it does not deal with all the
available functions (there are several reserved keywards which are not mentioned).

In particular I am interested in the best way to define a set of macros
associated with a few primitive solids (box, cylinder, ...) that I would
be able to connect by saying (in example) that a planar face of solid 1
is adjacient (giving some additional parameters for displacement and rotation)
with an other face of solid 2.

This kind of input would be much more appropriate in my electromagnetic
application. In example it would be possible to define a library of standard
(parametrical) microwave component and connect them into a complex circuit
by specifing a connection matrix.

I would like to understand if it is possible and not to complicated to add
this kind of functionality directly in the gmsh language or if it is better
to define a new type of input file and write a code to convert it into the
gmsh .geo input file.

Thanks in advance
Walter Steffe

Tiscali ADSL, fino a 9 MESI GRATIS sull'offerta Tiscali ADSL Light Mega!
Tiscali ADSL non teme confronti! Abbonati subito.
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/index.shtml