[Gmsh] regular mesh on a triangle object

Catalin Bondrea cbondrea at robotics.ucv.ro
Wed Mar 19 18:22:31 CET 2003

Dear GMSH users,

I have a little problem in the last time.
I try to solve a problem which in the design will have  a lot of triangle and the mesh need to be regular.

Who can help me with this problem?

Way 1:
I try with creating 3 points. Link this points by line. Transfinite lines. Create the surface.
Transfinite surface. It's done but not how really I want to have the geometry mesh, to regular.
Way 2:
Because of the new version 1.42 I can create a point. Extrude a point already created and create the layers in the new line
already created. That means I create line and I have already done the job for transfinite line. In this way I solve the last two lines.
The triangle is done again.
In 1D I have the points which I want.
Now the problem, if I mesh 2D this triangle I will have the same points like in 1D.
So I need to declare the surface by the 3 lines already created, and the 2D mesh is done but again not regular.

I will attach the mesh how I really want to be.

Regards,
Catalin