[Gmsh] Animations in gmsh

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Thu Apr 3 02:20:58 CEST 2003

Stephane Pierre Bordas wrote:
> Dear Christophe,
> Thanks for your help  on this animation business. I am sorry to ask such a
> stupid question, but what do you mean by "merge this file after your
> post-processing views". Could you explain to me how to do this?

Using the graphical user interface, just load all your post-processing
files (the first with File->Open, the others with File->Merge), and then
merge (File->Merge) a file containing the animation script. This script
will simply loop through all available views, displaying and saving them
one at a time. (You can of course also put all your post-processing
views in a single file, File->Open it, and then File->Merge the script.)

If you use a shell to lauch Gmsh, you can simply specify all the files
you want to load on the command line, e.g.

gmsh file1 file2 file3 file4 ...

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu