[Gmsh] second order elements

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Sat Jun 14 07:28:02 CEST 2003

badel at freesurf.fr wrote:
> Hi !
> What's wrong with the second order elements ? I'm very insterested in
> meshing with such elements : i already "unlocked" gmsh and obtained some
> well-meshed structures (at fisrt sight). Is there some kind of tests that
> gmsh failed to mesh with second order elements (in order to understand the
> bugs) ?

Yes ;-)

But the next release will have restored support for second order
elements (at least partially, i.e. for lines, triangles, quadrangles and
tetrahedra). I'll try to release version 1.45 in the next few days.

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org