[Gmsh] Attractor

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Thu Jun 19 00:17:32 CEST 2003

Jin Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In your tutorial/t7.geo, you defined Attractors. Can you tell me the
> meaning of expressions on the right hand side of the following
> definitions:
>
> Attractor Point{1} = {0.01, 0.01, 2};
> Attractor Line{5} = {0.3, 0.01, 2};
> Attractor Line{7} = {0.1, 0.02, 8};

Cf. http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh_5.html#SEC35

Attractor Point | Line { expression-list } = { expression, expression,
expression };
    Specifies a characteristic length attractor. The expression-list
    should contain the identification numbers of the elementary points
    or lines to serve as attractors; the two first expressions prescribe
    refinement factors in a coordinate system local to the entities, and
    the last expression a decay factor. This feature is still
    experimental, and only works with the 2D anisotropic algorithm.

--
Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech