[Gmsh] gmsh bug...

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 18 17:13:32 CEST 2003

Abraham, Rohan (TRANS Contr - Gannon) wrote:
> I am a student at the pennsylvania state university, and have been using gmsh to solve an electromagnetic problem involving materials.
> There is a batch of about 400 input geometry files to process, therefore i tried to automate the process of mesh creation, with a *.bat
> file. When I try to mesh a file from the command line, the following message appears:
>
> Command line: ./gmsh ../geometry_files/test50.geo -2
> Loaded '.../geometry_files/test50.geo'
> Mesh 1D...
> Meshing Curve 1
> Meshing Curve 2
> Meshing Curve 3
> Meshing Curve 4
> Meshing Curve 5
> Meshing Curve 6
> Meshing Curve 7
> Meshing Curve 8
> Error : GSL: function not continuous (/home/burgers/pkg/cygwin/build/gsl-1.3/min/fsolver.c, line 40)

Yes, the anisotropic algorithm is still quite experimental, and there
still seems to be some work to do on the implementation of the
minimization algorithm.

I would start by looking at Numeric/gsl_brent.cpp in the source code,
and analyze what's going on in your particular case.

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org