[Gmsh] Duplicating a point

Pascal A. Dupuis Pascal.Dupuis at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Sep 3 11:52:05 CEST 2003

Hello,

this is a question/feature request: I would like to define some point
relative to another one:

p1= newp; Point(p1) = { x, y, z, lcar };
p2= newp; Point(p2) = { x, y, z, lcar };
	Translate{dx, 0, 0}{Point{p2}; }

where x, y, z, lcar, dx are defined constants.

Wanting to make sure that, if I change p1 definition, p2 stays at the
same relative position, I would like to perform an operation like:

p2= newp; Point(p2) = Duplicata{Point{p1};};
	 Translate{dx, 0, 0}{Point{p2}; }

but it seems 'Duplicata' may only appears as an argument of
'Translate'. Problem is that the newly generated point has an
automatic number, which will change if other points are
created/removed. Is it possible to perform similar operation, and have
an symbolic name ('p2' here) linked to the new point ?

Thanks

Pascal Dupuis

--
Dr. ir. Pascal Dupuis