[Gmsh] it seems i fall down on a bug of GMESH ?

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Oct 22 00:37:55 CEST 2003

tbd4402 wrote:

> Hi,
> I join the .geo of a project i work on it.
> When i mesh, there an error msg : it seems there is some bug.

The curvature of one of your surfaces is very large, so that the
projection of the surface mesh into the mean plane does not converge
(see section 5.2 in the FAQ). One solution would be to subdivide the
surface into smaller pieces.

The right thing to do would be implement a more "intelligent" projection
scheme in the source code. See e.g. the paper from Debrun, Meyer and
Alliez in EUROGRAPHICS 2002, called "Intrinsic Parameterizations of
Surface Meshes".

Cheers,

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org