[Gmsh] a question about the colors in the post-processing view

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 29 18:09:36 CET 2003

carette philippe wrote:
> Hi,
> I try the new release1.5.
> Very nice, and tx a lot for the nodes view option, in the visibility screen.
> Extrude feature works good now  (i got some double nodes, with extrude,
> in the 1.46 release, and error with Code Aster using)
>
> I have a question about the post-processing view :
> With a merge file, a strain tensor component, saying XX, change from
> -100 to 100, so the zéro value is in yellow/green.
>
> How can i viszualize the absolute value with Gmesh ?
> I didn't find in the doc. files.

The implementation of tensor visualization is still very much "a work in
progress"... The easiest way to do what you want is probably to write a
small plugin that computes the values you need from the raw data. See
the Plugin/ directory in the sources for some examples.

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org