[Gmsh] Again the normals ..

Nacho Andres de la Fuente nacho.andres at deos.tudelft.nl
Mon Feb 2 20:54:31 CET 2004

Dear Cristophe,

First of all, thanks a lot in advance for your invaluable knowledge and
you infinite patiente ... After flattering .. another boring question ..

I am having problems with the normals .. I already checked the list for
these kind of problems and I first generated the mesh file, saved it,
opened it again and in case that the directions of the normals were not
correct I changed the signs into the Phys. Surf. and that should be it,
am I correct? When I follow this procedure (with gmsh 1.50) I get
surfaces with normals defined in both directions .. the initial one and
the  reversed one (and I must point out that I am generating a
completely new msh file each time). Could you give me a hint about how
to solve this?

Thx
Nacho