[Gmsh] using gui

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Thu May 27 02:02:05 CEST 2004

Magdalena Stolarska wrote:

> Hi.  I am wondering how one creates plane surfaces and volumes using the
> gui.  I have managed on setting up the points and creating lines, but when
> I try to use the "Plane Surface" or "Volume" option my intuition is not
> correct, and as far as I can see, there is little documentation about the
> gui on the web.

For surfaces, you have to select the exterior boundary (click on the
boundary lines) first, than select any holes (again by clicking on the
boundaries of the holes). Same for volumes, except you have to select
the boundary surfaces.

Note that Gmsh's next version will have a much improved entity selection
gui (with multiple "undo" capability)... If you want to give it a try,
you can download the nightly archive from http://geuz.org/gmsh/src/

Cheers,

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org