[Gmsh] Interactive View and Zoom Options

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Fri May 28 20:38:27 CEST 2004

Joe Koski wrote:

> I've been trying to build my first useful mesh with GMSH with some success.
> I'm on a Mac with OS X 10.3.4 and GMSH 1.52.1.
>
> My question: where are the methods for interactively controlling the view
> (pan, zoom, etc.) documented? I seem to remember making that work a while
> back, but can't locate any documentation either in the help files or in the
> tutorials.

Cf. Help->Shortcuts:

Mouse:

   move                - highlight the elementary geometrical entity
                         currently under the mouse pointer and display
                         its properties in the status bar
                       - size a rubber zoom started with Ctrl+Left button

   Left button         - rotate
                       - accept a rubber zoom started with
                         Ctrl+Left button

   Ctrl+Left button    start (anisotropic) rubber zoom

   Middle button       - zoom (isotropic)
                       - cancel a rubber zoom

   Ctrl+Middle button  orthogonalize display

   Right button        - pan
                       - cancel a rubber zoom
                       - pop up menu on post-processing view button

   Ctrl+Right button   reset to default viewpoint

   For a 2 button mouse, Middle button = Shift+Left button

   For a 1 button mouse, Middle button = Shift+Left button,
                         Right button = Alt+Left button

Best,

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org