[Gmsh] constructing cones

phani kumar phanikumar_vee at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 21:49:57 CEST 2004

hi all,
I am new to using the Gmsh, i want to create a cone with some radius r and height h,how to do this, one more question i defined a 4 ponits and then 4 lines so it formed a rectangle by using Line Loop and i saved it as rect.geo , now do i need to compile this file(if so how) or just i have to go and use interactive mode file-open(rect.geo)this will draw the rectangle for me and i use mesh to get a mesh for rectangle now i have all the elements in mesh with only triangles,i want a mesh which should have both triangles and quadrilaterals.how to do this , if i want to make mesh coarser(with less triangles  and quadrilatal elements) or finer( with more triangles and quadrilaterals)and how to do this.
Please help me to solve this.Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Phanikumar