[Gmsh] Viz problems

Nacho Andres de la Fuente nacho.andres at deos.tudelft.nl
Mon Sep 27 15:38:45 CEST 2004

Dear all,

Sorry but I had some network problems for some time .. replying to your
question .. I have discovered that there is a conflict between the
OpenGL libraries and the fglrx drivers for the ATI provided by SUSE ..
but, the saved images are just fine, only (I am guessing) the
calculations done for some plane surfaces (triangulation) give sometime
weird things .. I will have a look into some forums and let you know ..

Many thanks anyhow Cristophe!!

By the way Cristophe, I do not know if you will remember, but the
problem that I was solving in GetDP works fine, even the 3D problem ..
so congrats for such a great piece of software ..

Best,
N/

Nacho Andres wrote:
> Hi everybody .. > > I recently got a new pc and I installed Suse 9.1 with the following Mesa> packages included:> XFree86-Mesa-devel-4.3.99.902-40> XFree86-Mesa-4.3.99.902-40> in combination with gmsh 1.55 and an ATI driver for 3D acceleration.> > This yielded a dependency error:> > gmsh 1.55.0-1 conflict>     Unresolved Requirements:>         gmsh requires Mesa >= 3.2-> > but it is installed .. any ideas why this happens?some problems with the> XFree project?> (By the way, my  LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable is already rightly set ..> and GSL and FLTK are also present in my system ..). The result is that I> am able to run gmsh with no aparent problems but when visualizing (and> thus also when saving) I get weird things .. like lines and planes> getting out of the plot and this changing every time that I click over> the plot.> > Hope you can provide some hints about what to look for or what to do ..> Many thanks in advance!>
Does the same thing happen when you compile Gmsh yourself?