[Gmsh] [Fwd: GSL: function not continuous]

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Wed Sep 29 20:59:42 CEST 2004

P Hornby wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is a file that elicits
>
> Error : GSL: function not continuous
> (/home/burgers/pkg/cygwin/build/gsl-1.3/min/fsolver.c, line 40)
> Fatal Error: Segmentation violation (invalid memory reference)
>
> on element 40647. The GMSH version is 1.54.1 running on a Debian Linux
> system. The windows version seems OK.
>
> Also attached is a patch to gsl_brent.cpp that seems to fix the problem.
> I don't know how robust this fix is as I've not tested it much. (How I
> came to this solution is a story that does not bear repeating).

;-)

I've applied a modified version of your patch to my source tree (the
modified patch declares all the function values as volatile). This seems
indeed to help quite a bit with gcc on Linux.

Thanks!

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org