[Gmsh] question about meshing a floating plane inside a cube

C. D. Wang cynthiaw at esscc.uq.edu.au
Fri Oct 8 07:25:56 CEST 2004

Hi Christophe,

I am trying to mesh a 3D object (e.g. a cube) where it has a plane
floating inside it. I intended to have elements surrounding the plane
without the plane having to cut through any of them. I tried this, first
in 2D (i.e. a straight line enclosed by a square) with attractor line
and transfinite line, and then 3D with transfinite surface and none
worked. I got elements that were cut through by the plane (or the line).
Can you suggest me any method to do this kind of meshing?

Thank you for your help.

- Cynthia