[Gmsh] Adding TCP/IP server-client support.

Stott CH Mr (PG/R - Maths & Statistics) C.Stott at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Nov 30 15:58:09 CET 2004

I've hacked some code to provide TCP/IP server-client communication as an alternative to Unix filesystem sockets. This should hopefully make it easier for a solver compiled with Visual C++ to communicate with gmsh (no need to rely on cygwin). Would you like me to integrate this fully and submit a patch?

Also I've been looking at compiling gmsh itself with Visual C++, tentatively. Has this been tried before? I guess having TCP/IP communication removes one difficulty. If I get anything working I'll send you the project files.

Chris

Chris Stott
Department of Mathematics,
University of Surrey