[Gmsh] Crash: Segmentation violation (invalid memory reference)

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sat Feb 5 03:05:11 CET 2005

Wladimyr Mattos C. Dourado wrote:
> Hi Cristophe and Gmsh Team
>
> I will never be tired to send many congratulations to all gmsh team and
> colaborators for this wonderful free mesh generator.
>
> I just installed the lastest gmsh rpm (v1.58) and tried to run it. I had
> not success. The .gmsh-error file and core fila are attached in this
> e-mail. The output of uname -a comannd is presented as following:
>
> [wladimyr at geitt4 ~]% uname -a
> Linux geitt4.asa-p.iae.cta.br 2.6.3-7mdk-p3-smp-64GB #1 SMP Wed Mar 17
> 15:34:39 CET 2004 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux
>
> The OS is a Mandrake Linux 10.0

Hi Wladimyr - Not sure where the problem comes from, but it might be
caused by some incompatibility between the (old) Linux distribution I'm
using to build the binaries and the Linux distribution you're using on
your smp machine...

Do older binary versions from the web site work?

If not, the only solution I can think of is for you to recompile Gmsh
from the source distribution.

Let us know if that works,

Christophe