[Gmsh] Re: command line arguments

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri May 27 22:07:50 CEST 2005

Henry Liu wrote:
> I have two questions regarding the usage of 'Gmsh' on
> command line.
>
> 1. I want to be able to make 'Gmsh' running on command
> line without showing 'info' messages on the terminal.
> How do I set up the command line arguments to disable
> 'info' messages?

You can use '-v 0', or just redirect the error stream to a file ('>&
info', or even '>& /dev/null').

> 2. I fI want to run the 'optimize quality' more than
> one time, how can I set up the commnad line arguments
> to realize it?

The only way to run the optimization twice is to change the source code
(call Optimize_Netgen(M) more than once at the end of Mesh/Generator.cpp).

Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org