[Gmsh] GMSH - meshing

Raya Schindmes rayasch at medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 6 16:11:18 CET 2006

Dear Sir/Madam.

My name is Raya Schindmes, a researcher in neurophysiology group of
University College London (London, UK) medical physics department. We are
developing a new non-invasive neuro-imaging technique based on electrical
impedance (EIT).
For our finite element modelling and reconstruction purposes we use volume
meshes which we segment manually out of anatomical images. However, our
procedure is inefficient and inaccurate.

So far, I have a very fine surface mesh (marching cubes, I suspect) for
brain, inner skull, outer skull and CSF. The files are in dfs format, and
it's possible to save the vertices in ascii format (points cloud).

I would like to generate them into conform tetrahedral volume meshes. This
means, to have one volume mesh with more than one material, when the borders
between the materials are the surfaces that I have.

I am interested whether GMSH can perform this task (to deal with multi
material mesh)?

Sincerely,

Raya Schindmes