[Gmsh] message to socket

Jose M. Sancho jose.sancho at upm.es
Thu Feb 23 19:03:07 CET 2006

Dear Christophe:

Thanks for the answer.

to your first point:

I think you can actually already do that right now: just save a small
temporary file (e.g. "tmp.txt") that contains the options or any
other commands you want to execute, and call client.View("tmp.txt")
after client.View("solve.pos"): Gmsh will then just parse that file
after reading your view.

I do that in the enclosed source file and:

a.) If the temporary file tmp.txt is not closed, eg.: the user has
the editor always open with this file "ala console" to send different
commands, then Gmsh naturally locks. (In Macosx 10.4)

b.) I do not understand correctly the need to delay the socket answer
by means of the system command sleep(int). But without sleep, the new
view shows no difference with the previous. And with sleep(1) there
is no enough time to show the new frame.

Regards.
José M. Sancho
Professor of Structural Analysis
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid