[Gmsh] GMSH: Configure other Solvers & Custom Filters

jmb365 jmb365 at bright.net
Tue Mar 21 20:26:15 CET 2006

Hello,

I just happened to see this wonderful software and intend using it with
(Calculix) ccx.  However, I do not know how to do this.

1. I read on Google searches that gmsh can interface with several
solvers and that one can configure it in the startup files (.gmsh-options
 or .gmshrc?) or something like that.  Does somebody have an sample
configuration file for this novice to use as a starting point?  These
two files exist in my home directory but upon examining them I found no
reference to ".gmshook" which appears in the "Options -> Solver ->
General" menu.  This leads me to believe I do not know what I am doing!

2. It appears that "gmsh" can send output to a file using a "Custom
Filter" (thus possibly output other formats) for which I could not find
any info by Googling for several hours.  Can somebody help me as to how
"Custom Filters" can be created, crafted or defined?

Thanks a lot
JMB