[Gmsh] structured and unstructured meshes bug

Michel Aubourg michel.aubourg at xlim.fr
Wed Mar 22 08:25:08 CET 2006

Hi Christophe,

Thank you very much for this answer.

I did't find that in the documentation (the HTML one build from sources
distribution) where we can read that the surfaces are meshed before the
volumes and that the so generated triangles are forced to be faces of the
tetrahedra created later.
I understood that the mesh of an internal surface was uniquely defined, which
is not the case; I suggest to up-to-date this documentation to avoid
disapointment for future users.

In another way I join a very short file for which the use of "isotropic" gives
of course bad mesh and "netgen" crashes; what is wrong ?

I used gmsh 1.60.1 and 1.64.1 both compiled alternatively with gcc-3.4.3,
gcc-3.3.6 and gcc-4.0.1.

Best,

Michel