[Gmsh] scilab

Gürsoy Turan gursoyturan at iyte.edu.tr
Tue Apr 11 13:41:22 CEST 2006

Hello,

I just started to look into gmsh, and am thinking of including it as a
teaching material.
Meanwhile, I translated the matlab "load_gmsh.m" file to work with scilab,
"load_gmsh.sci".

I did some small changes regarding the element matrix initializations. For
example,
gmesh.TRIANGLE is of size n1 x 4, where n1 is the number of triangles.
Similarly,
gmesh.QUAD is of size n2 x 5, where n2 is the number of quadrangles, etc...

In the matlab file, these matrices have the length of the total number of
elements in the system, unnecessarily exploiting the memory.

NOTE: The translated file only works with gmsh Version 1, because of the
nature of the "mgetl" function in scilab. I may look into it later, to see
what can be done.

Cheers,
--
Yrd.Doc.Dr. Gürsoy TURAN