[Gmsh] Segmentation violation (invalid memory reference) during optimisation.

Mark Starnes m.starnes at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 11 11:09:34 CEST 2006

Hi.

I've been using gmsh for the last couple of months and have had great
success with it - it's a really useful piece of software.  I've come
across a bug however that I'm having difficulty working around.  I've
included the script below, I'm using Win XP with a P4.  The error is
'Segmentation violation (invalid memory reference)'.  Running only a few
of the extrusions (say half of them) works ok - running them all doesn't.

Adjusting the line 'lc=0.25*c/f' to 'lc=0.33*c/f' or greater than 0.33
works also.  This line sets the characteristic length.

Thanks for writing (and making freely available) this excellent software.

Best regards,

Mark.

Mark Starnes
Research Student
Direct: +44 (0)20 7594 1976

Rm 362D, Department of Aeronautics (personal)
General office, Department of Aeronautics (deliveries)
Imperial College London
Prince Consort Road
London SW7 2AZ
+44 (0)20 7594 5100

Privacy & Confidentiality Notice
This message is confidential and intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, copy, distribute, discuss or take any action in reliance on it.

If you have received this information in error, please notify me as soon as possible on the above telephone number. Thank you