[Gmsh] curved mesh?

Lev Vaisman vaismans at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 15:40:25 CEST 2006

Hello,

My name is Lev Vaisman. I am a student at the
University of Toronto. I am helping my supervisor in
the parallel Navier-Stokes solver code development.

I would like to inquire whether gmsh can generate the
curved mesh elements and how is it done. Let's say
that the geometry has some circular arches, like a
rectangle with two semicircles at both ends, for
example. We want to mesh it in such a way that the
mesh elements along the curved boundary have curved
sides that track the boundary. This is needed, I
believe, to test the feature of the code that treats
such boundaries. The manual does not mention the issue
of curved meshes but the AOMD library format in which
gmsh outputs the meshes allows reading in curved
elements information, so perhaps the feature exists
but it is hidden. If it indeed exists please provide
instructions how to use it or refer me to a specific
reference or place in the manual (should I have missed
it).

Thank you very much
                                  Lev