[Gmsh] How to make a hole in a volume?

Hengjin Liu hengjliu at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 1 22:04:29 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to create a simple block with an internal hole (a smaller block) using GUI.

I select the external boundary surfaces to create the volume and then select the internal surfaces as the hole following the message in the GUI windows. However, when I am trying to generate the volume mesh, I get an error message saying that an edge 6 is multiple time in surface mesh.

I attached the .geo file with this e-mail. Should the internal hole be explicitly defined as a volume? or the characteristic length I choose is not good for the model.

Is there a way to visualize the volume mesh to make sure that there is no elements generated inside the hole?

Thanks in advance!

henry