[Gmsh] structured mesh in wedge.

mark starnes m.starnes at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 21 11:08:12 CEST 2006

Hi everyone.  I've spent a couple of days trying to crack this one and
now have to admit to needing help.  I have a wedge I'd like to mesh
using a structured mesh.  Following example 6,  I defined my lines with
the same directions, my surfaces with the same normals, my transfinite
surfaces with the same topology order and my transfinite volume with the
same topology order.  The surface elements are displayed but the 3D
elements will not generate.  If somebody can let me know what I'm doing
wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

Mark Starnes.

// Gmsh project created on Wed Jun 21 09:44:15 2006
Point(1) = {-1,0,-1,0.1};
Point(2) = { 1,-1,-1,0.1};
Point(3) = { 1,1,-1,0.1};
Point(4) = {-1,0,1,0.1};
Point(5) = { 1,-1,1,0.1};
Point(6) = { 1,1,1,0.1};
Line(1) = {1,2};
Line(2) = {1,3};
Line(3) = {2,3};
Line(4) = {1,4};
Line(5) = {4,5};
Line(6) = {2,5};
Line(7) = {3,6};
Line(8) = {5,6};
Line(9) = {4,6};
Line Loop(10) = {5,-6,-1,4};
Ruled Surface(11) = {10};
Line Loop(12) = {-9,7,2,-4};
Ruled Surface(13) = {12};
Line Loop(14) = {-6,-8,7,3};
Plane Surface(15) = {14};

Line Loop(16) = {8,-9,5};
Plane Surface(17) = {16};

Line Loop(18) = {1,3,-2};
Plane Surface(19) = {18};
Transfinite Line {9,5,8,2,1,3,4,6,7} = 4 Using Progression 1;
Transfinite Surface {11} = {1,2,5,4};
Transfinite Surface {13} = {1,3,6,4};
Transfinite Surface {15} = {3,2,5,6};
Transfinite Surface {19} = {1,2,3};