[Gmsh] Meshing and rendering a deformed polyhedron

Nicolas Vanderesse nvandere at emse.fr
Mon Sep 25 16:53:01 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to use Gmsh as a visualization tool for irregular shapes.
Basically, I am working with a 3D surface that looks like a deformed
polyedron in which faces are not plane, but are still defined by edges
(this a 3D representation of a grain in a metallic alloy). It would be
useful to have a "solid" or semi-transparent view of this object. So I'd
first like to mesh the faces, and then have the meshes of a same face
painted with a common colour.
I have defined the geometry of the object, but I can't figure out how to
mesh it, nor have it rendered in a proper way.
Does anyone have an idea ?
Thanks in adavnce,

Nicolas Vanderesse

Ph.D student